Communicate with other computer

Nitay10

Baseband Member
I have a wireless network in my home. I want to communicate with other computers in my network. I think that there is a program made by Microsoft which is built-in the XP...

thank you!

click start go to "My network places"....you should see all the computers and devices connected to the router. (make sure you turn them on, or they won't be there)
in order for this to work, you might have to run the network connection wizard on each computer first.(found in control panel)

if you want to share the files, right click the file you wish to share, select the option "sharing and security" then check the box that says "share folder on network"

I CAN share files and printers...I want to send them a message for instance.
I want to send my brother a link or tell him something...How can I do this in my local network??

go to start>run> type in "services.msc" (without the quotes). then make sure the messenger service is enabled. then go to start>run>type "cmd" (without the quotes). then type:
net send NAMEOFPC MESSAGE
for example: net send dudese this is my message

:)

btw messenger must be enabled on both pc's.

that is built into windows. dont think theres an official microsoft program though. only third party network messengers.

go to start>run> type in "services.msc" (without the quotes). then make sure the messenger service is enabled. then go to start>run>type "cmd" (without the quotes). then type:
net send NAMEOFPC MESSAGE
for example: net send dudese this is my message

:)

btw messenger must be enabled on both pc's.

Nice, I'm gonna try this with my brother lol

+1 rep

that is built into windows. dont think theres an official microsoft program though. only third party network messengers.

But when in my account where I work when I try to change the screen settings it prevents the operation...And the message in from Windows...

I only have to find the right rule in Privacy Policy in Administrative Tools...

Back
Top Bottom