Command & Conquer Collected

alvino

Golden Master
Few strategy franchises are as consistently popular and acclaimed as the Command & Conquer series. Westwood's real-time strategy titles combined vibrant personality with tight gameplay, and the world was won.

To celebrate ten years of C&C, Electronic Arts today announced Command & Conquer The First Decade, a massive compilation of a dozen Command & Conquer titles -- plus a bonus DVD of commemorative video features.

Scheduled for February 2006, The First Decade puts the equivalent of 20 CDs onto one C&C-stuffed DVD. Here are the titles included, plus their original release dates:

* Command & Conquer (Aug. 1995)
* Command & Conquer The Covert Operations (April 1996)
* Command & Conquer Red Alert (Oct. 1996)
* Command & Conquer Red Alert The Aftermath (Sept. 1997)
* Command & Conquer Red Alert Counterstrike (Mar. 1997)
* Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun (Aug. 1999)
* Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun Firestorm (Feb. 2000)
* Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 (Oct. 2000)
* Command & Conquer Yuri's Revenge (Oct. 2001)
* Command & Conquer Renegade (Feb. 2002)
* Command & Conquer Generals (Feb. 2003)
* Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour (Sept. 2003)

The bonus DVD offers six exclusive videos, including an interview with Louis Castle, co-founder of Westwood and creator of the Command & Conquer franchise.

"Command & Conquer The First Decade offers RTS gamers a way to relive the history of C&C, and I'm thrilled to see this collection offered in one package," said Castle, now VP of Creative Development at EALA. "It seems like yesterday when we were all pleasantly surprised by the way the gaming community wanted to play this new type of strategy game."

The First Decade will ship with a suggested price of $39.99.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/664/664564p1.html

Awesome. All those games for $40 is a great deal, considering the games that are in it. Westwood Studios (which EA bought out)has done a great job creating one of the best series in the history of gaming. :)

well it's going to be a good deal if u haven't got red alert 2 and generals. (with the add-ons)

I really don't see the point in paying for games like red alert, it's just so old.
But I really liked red alert 2, and now I have started to play generals,(with zero hour) which I didn't like so much earlier.

Because Red Alert is one of the best RTS's ever. The whole point of the collection is to relive the whole series. Just because a game is "old" doesn't mean it's worthless. Look at the Quake and Doom series. They're classics and they're certainly worth playing.

Plus, there's a storyline through all of them, so if you want the full plot, you have to play them!

spank_fusion said:
Plus, there's a storyline through all of them, so if you want the full plot, you have to play them!

actually generals has a story line of it's own which is in no way connected to the previous ones.

Graphically, yes. Gameplay, no. The gameplay in all of them are good. In terms of graphics, it depends which game. The first C&C game had pretty bad graphics, but it was still a top seller. Generals has the best graphics...good stuff considering it's 2003 release.

alvino said:
Generals has the best graphics...

Shame about the rest of the game :D

Yeah, my problems with Generals are this:

1) Boring - lacks the charm of the older ones
2) Totally unbalanced teams
3) AI that rushes you constantly even when playing on the noob difficulty levels.
4) Play online, get completely pwned very quickly (I think my record was literally 2 minutes)

At least they finally released another patch, after all this time. Scudbug is gone!

Well, the sides are pretty balanced. It's not that one side completely dominates the others.

USA is powerful and strong, but requires lots of supplies and power. Very strong air force.
China is has lots of infantry and strong tanks, but not as flexible as the USA (like how you have to use Supply trucks instead of the Chinook chopper).
GLA is weak for the most part, but the units are cheap and can easily be strenthened. They also have better stealth than the other two sides (demo traps, tunnels etc).

It's still a good game nontheless. The plot itself is a little lacking in terms of intrest, but the gameplay is still pretty good and the new interface is easy to learn and use too.

David Lindon said:
Is there really much of a difference between all the titles?
alvino said:
Graphically, yes. Gameplay, no. The gameplay in all of them are good. In terms of graphics, it depends which game. The first C&C game had pretty bad graphics, but it was still a top seller. Generals has the best graphics...good stuff considering it's 2003 release.
Well i agree and disagree, b/c generals in my opinion was different then red alert b/c the new weapons, and it just "felt" better, yes they are very similar, but i think there is something different in all of them

Back
Top Bottom