Coming back and saying the problem was solved....

jmacavali

Fully Optimized
I am new, but one thing I've noticed is that I will read someone's post and then read through the help others have provided. I will, of course, have ideas of my own that I would like to offer up to the original poster, but when I look at the date of the post it is from 2 or 3 weeks ago. I don't know whether I should bother adding in my opinions or not because I don't know if the problem has been fixed or if the problem is still open or if the original poster is even checking this site anymore.

I don't know what I want done about this problem... I just don't know how to handle this type of issue when I run into it. I have so far just answered the question just in case but I am wondering what others do in this situation?

Well, people do disappear after their problem has been solved and don't report back, but if you have something helpful to add to the thread then go ahead and add it. Bumping a thread in the help sections is perfectly fine as long as you have something helpful to add. Just don't go bumping old threads in the social lounge.

I normally answer it... I suppose it depends how old it is!

This is the reason that a "This question has been answered" system would be good!

I suppose there is nothing wrong with answering it.
Just don't go around bumping 1, 2, or even 3 year old threads.
Chances are that person isn't even around anymore.

Yeah if its years old then no but if its more recent than that then its fine to post. One reason is that threads get indexed by search engines and someone maybe search for that specific problem and the solution that worked for the original post may not work for someone else

I've changed my forum options to only show threads that are less than 45 days old so I don't run into that problem anymore.

Back
Top Bottom