Comic actor Bernie Mac dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Comic actor Bernie Mac died early Saturday of complications from pneumonia, according to a family member and his publicist. He was 50.

He had been hospitalized in Chicago, Illinois, for more than a week with the lung infection.

Danica Smith, the comedian's publicist, had said Thursday that Mac's condition was "stable," The Associated Press reported.

"When I got the call this morning, it was just devastating news," said Chicago Sun-Times columnist Stella Foster. "Let's face it: Bernie Mac was one of a kind. He was the best of the best in terms of giving you a good laugh.
"

Smith previously said the pneumonia wasn't related to sarcoidosis, a lung disease Mac had, which had been in remission since 2005, according to AP.

Mac caused a stir in July with some jokes he made during a fundraiser for Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama, AP reported.

Mac -- born Bernard Jeffrey McCollough -- starred in the Fox television series "The Bernie Mac Show." His film roles included the "Ocean's Eleven" series, "Friday," "Get on the Bus," "Transformers" and "Bad Santa.

Comic actor Bernie Mac dies - CNN.com
"

Man, i'm so sick of this. god is taken all our famous good hearted people. Mac has made me laugh for years and years.. loved him... 50 is still too young to die.. the good die young.. RIP Mac

yea 08 sucks. This guy is one of my all time favorites. His jokes and show were amazing, My thoughts and prayers go to his family and there better be a kings of comedy memorial ceremony. R.I.P. You Will Never Be Forgotten EVER!!!!!

ah man that's not fair, I loved the Bernie Mac show. This man was pretty funny and the saddest part of it all is he was only 50. This is very sad news.

Holy cow, I read he was responding well to the treatment, that's awful! Bernie Mac was one of the funniest comedians and actors around today, I loved his show!. RIP BMac. Who ya with?

Wow, I didn't even know anything was wrong with him... I can't say I was a huge fan of him, but I enjoyed his comedy specials and performances. RIP Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom