College Dorm is breakable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kensington | Kensington Security Desktop Microsaver
Only use these on devices with out a Kengsinton Slot. Eg. CRT Monitor, Most Desktop PC, periferals. Once they are stuck on, they are stuck on for life!!!!!

If some one is going to steal a device with the Kensington Security Desktop Microsaver, they are more than likely to do more do more damage to the hardware and the surrounding area before they will able to steel the device.

My other word of advise is this. DO NOT BUY THE CHEAP KNOCK OFF COMBINATION LOCKS.
We did the mistake of doing this with one our monitors at work. As some point, the lock combination slipped a number. And it's gotten to the point where I am going to have to break the lock or monitor in order to free the 19" monitor from bondage to the table.

Is the Kensington Desktop Microsaver the best route? What other options are there?

For desktop, yes, as they normally do not come with Kensington lock slots.

The other thing that you might want to invest in is some screws with a Robertson, Hex, Torx, Spline drive, Double hex, Bristol, Torq-set or Triple square head.

Every one just about had a Flat Heat or Phillips Head Screw driver.
Hex or Allen Keys people might have.
As for the others, it might be a good change that they don't have those types of screw drivers unless they work in a partical industry.
The idea is that you secure your case (and possibly your video card and hard drive) with these to prevent people from opening your case and stealing your hardware.

However, DO NOT use POP-RIBBITS to secure your computer case. I have seen some schools do this.

For desktop, yes, as they normally do not come with Kensington lock slots.

The other thing that you might want to invest in is some screws with a Robertson, Hex, Torx, Spline drive, Double hex, Bristol, Torq-set or Triple square head.

Every one just about had a Flat Heat or Phillips Head Screw driver.
Hex or Allen Keys people might have.
As for the others, it might be a good change that they don't have those types of screw drivers unless they work in a partical industry.
The idea is that you secure your case (and possibly your video card and hard drive) with these to prevent people from opening your case and stealing your hardware.

However, DO NOT use POP-RIBBITS to secure your computer case. I have seen some schools do this.

That's actually a really good idea, thanks.

The only problem is.. I love my thumb screws! They make life so easy! =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom