College Dorm is breakable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dead bolts are the most secure mechanical locks that you can get imo. If you are really paranoid get a couple of these or something similar
KustomPCs.co.uk - Kensington Desktop Microsaver
KustomPCs.co.uk - Nexus Security Lock Kit
KustomPCs.co.uk - Belkin F8E550ea Notebook Security Lock

Dead bolts are only good if you they allow you to change the lock. You might find that they have some sort of master lock system in place.

If you are worried about some one stealing your PC and XBox 360, get a Kensington Lock or Desktop Microsaver.

surely you can press charges on the people who stole it let alone if they pawned it? Stealing is a crime isn't it?

Not really, unless you get caught in the act.

What the police do in that situation is they come out and talk to you for about 15, write stuff down on their pad, and then go back out to catch people speeding.

The only crimes that are investigated is rape and murder.

I was attacked by 2 people outside of a bar, with absolutely no provocation from me.....the cops came and actually caught them a few blocks away. And then released them with no penalty at all.

Couple thousand dollars in hospital and dentist bills.....I didn't just want money, I wanted these dangerous people in prison. I go to the DA, but the District Attorney was too busy to press charges.

Cops are worthless.....the justice system is worthless. Now if I would have done the proper thing and carried my pistol with me and shot those two worthless sons of *****es I would be in prison for the rest of my life I'm sure. I guess your only option in this country is to take a beating and live with it.

If you were smart you would be a thieving, violent criminal because as far as I can see there is no reason not to.

I have been robbed multiple times, police make a report and thats it.

I carry my gun all the time now, next person that attacks me or steals from me is getting shot. I promise.

Cops are worthless.....the justice system is worthless. Now if I would have done the proper thing and carried my pistol with me and shot those two worthless sons of *****es I would be in prison for the rest of my life I'm sure. I guess your only option in this country is to take a beating and live with it.

This is the sad truth...people go unnoticed unless the innocent people break the law.

does the kensington lock stick permanently to the laptop / electronics? How exactly does the Kensington lock work? how is it able to stick?

does the kensington lock stick permanently to the laptop / electronics? How exactly does the Kensington lock work? how is it able to stick?

There is very little on Kensington's site explaining how it works. However after selling a few of these to my Point Of Sales customers, it's an extremely strong adhesive (glue). One it's dries, it's NEVER coming off.

These are good for desktop computer cases.

However if your device as a Kennsington Security Slot, the you are better off going for the Key or Combination Kensington Locks. Just about all laptops and TFT monitors come with Kennsington Security Slot. Even some branded PCs might come with them. I have seen them on the new Dells Desktop Cases. I would need to check, but i think the X-Box 360 has one too.

I have a 360 and it doesn't have the lock, but yea, the glue ones are rather strong, but if it isn't strong enough, you can always use a 2 part epoxy rated for 2 tons of force, by that time, the plastic will break. :p

Kensington | Kensington Security Desktop Microsaver
Only use these on devices with out a Kengsinton Slot. Eg. CRT Monitor, Most Desktop PC, periferals. Once they are stuck on, they are stuck on for life!!!!!

Kensington | Keyed Locks
Kensington | Combination Locks
These are little more friendlier and you can lock and unlock are your hardware.

and then get your 20 bucks out of his pocket. 20 bones to come out of his room and open your door? thats extortion.
renters insurance, like jorsoft says.
no, i highly doubt they will let you put a deadbolt on your dorm room door.
engrave your name on your stuff, in a semi hidden spot. then you can spot it at a pawn shop or in someones room.
lastly, get a life man. im not saying that to be mean, really. you are in college, its time to spread your social wings...its not time to sit in a dorm room all weekend with a shotgun waiting for someone to pick your lock and steal all your ****.

I lol'd.

I have a 360 and it doesn't have the lock, but yea, the glue ones are rather strong, but if it isn't strong enough, you can always use a 2 part epoxy rated for 2 tons of force, by that time, the plastic will break. :p

DUDE. I use the desktop micro savers on docket printer. You are going to break the printer because you break the bond with the glue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom