COICA, Internet Censorship, and Demonoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: COICA, Internet Sensorship, and Demonoid.

Don't the companies get money when someone views the video?
If they're getting money from it, and it's mostly going to convince someone to buy it, why would a company want to take it down in the first place?
I don't see why the companies would be upset about getting more money, and I don't see why the government would need to get involved with it. :/

If the company posts it, or authorizes it, then yes. Otherwise, no... they get nothing and someone else is making a dime off of "their" stuff.

To be honest I am in two minds over this whole subject, I can see the point of being able to pull copyright offenses or sites supporting such actions but then that opens up the whole well that site isn't really nice to our administration so lets give them **** (kinda whats happening to wikileaks now) so if this passes into law it can open up a can of worms but it is also good to protect commercial interests so two sides of my personality are clashing...

Same, theres just way to many holes as is, there needs to be safeguards, otherwise, it seems a large portion of websites will be under federal control.

tbh I am not worried about Federal control, the USA is a main user of the net but so is the rest of the world and most of the world isnt happy with the USA.

It's not under our control that's the bad part, it's just, there is nothing keeping them from pulling the plug on every .com website if companies didn't agree to demands or something. -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom