COICA, Internet Censorship, and Demonoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Youtube has anything to lose sleep over. They will do what ever it takes to win. If it be illegal, they have enough I am sure to have it sweeped under the rug.

Re: COICA, Internet Sensorship, and Demonoid.

The RIAA will win when it comes to Google/Youtube, google brings in so much just because of the ads, the RIAA, brings a crap ton in by lawsuits.

They don't actually.

RIAA Spent $17.6 Million In Lawsuits... To Get $391,000 In Settlements? | Techdirt

RIAA spends money to make people scared. The lawsuits are just examples; to make people scared. Look at what they're going to Canada now, they slap us on the "World's worst copyright infringement countries" list and every politic up here goes "ooh no!". So now some ridiculous law is being drafted about digital locks, except with more exceptions than then there are prohibitions. Not to mention not a single person has ever been charged in Canada for downloading songs or movies for personal use, only commercial. And in my opinion, that's how it should stay. If you sell movies you've downloaded than yes you do deserve to be fined, maybe a few hundred/thousand depending on severity. If you download a movie on a Friday night to watch and enjoy it with friends/family and never touch it again, who really cares?

Also, what about recording t.v. shows and movies with dvr's? How is that any different? You pay for cable/satellite, you pay for internet, different means for the same end.

One thing I noticed, half the "FBI Warnings" I see on movies still say it's illegal to use the video in a commercial area, but never says anything else x_X.

I had a bunch of burned CD"s in my car as I don't like to take the originals with me. Which was a good thing as they all got stolen. BUT a cop asked me and was like blah blah you can't do that, (After he wrote me a $150 ticket that got waived) and alls I did was show proof that I had the original and it was a back up just to kepe the slimey guy off my back. I think when being hit with a lawsuit for DL'ing something just claim it was a back up.

I had a bunch of burned CD"s in my car as I don't like to take the originals with me. Which was a good thing as they all got stolen. BUT a cop asked me and was like blah blah you can't do that, (After he wrote me a $150 ticket that got waived) and alls I did was show proof that I had the original and it was a back up just to kepe the slimey guy off my back. I think when being hit with a lawsuit for DL'ing something just claim it was a back up.

If i had to prove it id be broke.

Re: COICA, Internet Sensorship, and Demonoid.

ACtually if you think about it they could take Youtube down for what the bill is intended for. Lots of Copyright issues goin on with Youtube right now.

Don't the companies get money when someone views the video?
If they're getting money from it, and it's mostly going to convince someone to buy it, why would a company want to take it down in the first place?
I don't see why the companies would be upset about getting more money, and I don't see why the government would need to get involved with it. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom