Coding a website from scratch - Stupid?

M4Shooter

Solid State Member
Hey,

I've been learning basic stuff about HTML and CSS (and now going into programming - Python) and I really enjoy making stuff in those. Although I see that there are some cool new frameworks that could be used to used to build awesome websites in, well, few minutes probably.

So well now in this case is it stupid if you go for coding your website completely from scratch?

I've never used any of the web frameworks / CMS, always went for doing it from scratch (since I don't have anything to do with plugins and stuff - HTML & CSS only).

IRC Hound Network and Areeb Beigh are the websites that I've worked on the most. (There's a lot of repetition in those because that time I didn't know how to set layout templates - Learning it through Python now..)

Waiting for the comments. (Excuse me if I posted in the wrong section. Newbie here)

Regards
M4Shooter

Last edited:
Really depends on what you want to do. if you're making static-content site...doing straight CSS/HTML/JS is usually fine since it doesn't need to be updated very often. If you're doing dynamic content or the user wants to be able to update content on their own... a CMS / framework option is better as it's more user friendly and already established (meaning any bugs or security flaws are reported, fixed, and an update to the framework is sent out). Frameworks such as WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal are what I'm referencing.

I've done both for clients. The static ones gets updates a few times a year maybe and they just notify me of any updates that need to be done. Heavily-updated sites or very content-heavy sites I usually do in WordPress so clients can update it themselves.

Really depends on what you want to do. if you're making static-content site...doing straight CSS/HTML/JS is usually fine since it doesn't need to be updated very often. If you're doing dynamic content or the user wants to be able to update content on their own... a CMS / framework option is better as it's more user friendly and already established (meaning any bugs or security flaws are reported, fixed, and an update to the framework is sent out). Frameworks such as WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal are what I'm referencing.

I've done both for clients. The static ones gets updates a few times a year maybe and they just notify me of any updates that need to be done. Heavily-updated sites or very content-heavy sites I usually do in WordPress so clients can update it themselves.
Oh I see. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom