C'mon you guys...

Need to change directions here, I have a tech question. One of my games in windows 10 keeps coming up with a error saying that the frontend is corrupted and gives me a code Oxc0000022. I have tried compatibility mode and no soap. It plays the start up screen, ( animated) but the game itself won't load. Any ideas other than remove and reinstall, Already tried that.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

All most forgot. These are older games. I have two i really love, Worms United which plays great and that was the first one then Worms 2 that is the one giving me trouble. Both were dos games and i play them in GOG Galaxy. I can also play them outside of the Gog but still have the same issue.

If they are native Dos games, I suggest the Dos Box emulator. Otherwise, I really recommend moving to a Windows Worms Armageddon or World Party as they are both Worms 2 Engine games, or to clarify more, like clones of the same game but with extras.

Not sure if even those Windows games would work, but I guess they have a better chance than a Dos game without an emulator.

Unless it has to be Worms 2, then I guess maybe there is a Windows version for it, or if GoG Galaxy is a Dos emulator already.

These are windows games. Worms united works in dos and works perfect. Worms 2 was after that and won't work past the front play screen. I would think it would be dos too. windows 95 if memory serves. I am going to try one more time. It plays in windows 7 just fine,but sooner or later i need it to play in windows 10. Gog Galaxy is working on linux programs that will allow you to play games on it. Will be cool when they get that done.

Win 10 is lousy with compatibility issues that I gave up, Dan.

One thing for sure is that if the games are 16 bit then forget it.

I don't know what Bit it is. Its something to do with the frontend. exe. says app error. Will not let me know anything else. the code Oxc0000022 is the only code and i can't find out much of anything as to what is causing it or how to fix it. Whats getting me is both are dos games. The first game was Worms united. The second game was worms 2. united plays perfect! 2 will not go beyond the display screen. I would think that the first one wouldn't work too. I am working on error reports to gog but so far no dice.

Back
Top Bottom