CME Sys

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofraven

In Runtime
i cant seem to get my system resources high, it is around 83 to 78 and im not running much in start up one thing i seen in start up was CME Sys . what is that? the only thing i have running in start up now is my task scheduler and now my resources are 94 , i can live with that, but is it normal for it to be 83 or 78 when running nortons anti virus in start up?and is there any other way to keep your resources high besides disabling items in your start up?:) also i scaned for viruses and im clean so its not that.

not much you can do but add more ram and upgrade your processor, I wouldnt leave norton running anyway, just scan whatever files you download manually.

ok thanx again €cniv i will do with the nortons, and i have upgraded my processor and high as it will go for the mb, and i have 512 ram and my pc isnt using all of that so i dont know lol :)

Norton is a hungry program... it also integrate too much into the system for my liking. I use AVG.. it looks after itself, I forget it is there until it gives me the 'heads up'. It is also very easy on system resources.

In fact.. I think Norton is the most widely spread 'resource virus' out there.. and you pay for the infection! It is okay for corporate use... but a bit overkill for home use.

AVG

thanx cadfael. what is avg? is this a abreaviation or is this the full name, i would like to try it when my nortons expires. :)

sofraven said:
i cant seem to get my system resources high, it is around 83 to 78 and im not running much in start up one thing i seen in start up was CME Sys . what is that? the only thing i have running in start up now is my task scheduler and now my resources are 94 , i can live with that, but is it normal for it to be 83 or 78 when running nortons anti virus in start up?and is there any other way to keep your resources high besides disabling items in your start up?:) also i scaned for viruses and im clean so its not that.

Resources :D

click start bar and click run and type in Msconfig and to start up files. Better yet I ready wrote something up on this here:
Msconfig & start up programs

You will also do better using a memory program found at the last thread there. This will help

ive done that nightman. thanx anyway but i have all my start ups shut off that i can, unless there is something else i can do in there. :D

sofraven said:
ive done that nightman. thanx anyway but i have all my start ups shut off that i can, unless there is something else i can do in there. :D

Well yes you can. Is your hard drive full almost? I'm talking about Virtual memory that the resources feed off because your ram?

Try cleaning up files and put them on disk to free up space.
If your did all this already and your resources are still low, you have way to many connection going on like USB & 1394 Ports/cams game controllers and more, your system just can't keep up with all this. I know I use to use windows ME :)
Maybe not your case but I would also recommend

updating your windows here: www.windowsupdate.com and do a scandisk and defrag of system to speed it up also. Free up any cross links errors on the Hard drive which makes it harder for it to sort out.

More Ram also a must. Will help...

Free Ram program
will help recycle your ram before it uses up your virtual memory. A must try, it will help.

Also check to see if your have any conflicks in your device manger.
You can do this by right clicking on My computer and to properties and to device Manager. If you see any yellow Quotation marks or question marks you have conflicks.

Your not using Compac are you? Worse computers I've have ever worked on :(..

Let me know ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom