Cm690???

_-..zKiLLA..-_

Fully Optimized
I have this case. Beautiful case. Just one question, has anyone ever removed the HD cage on the bottom? I have yet to see that mod somewhere. I only use one hard drive that i would put underneath my one CD drive and then take the HD bay out completely and then add for more air flow for that front fan and a more simple look. Could it be done? The only reason i could see why not is maybe, maybe structural reasons which i doubt

OMG I FINALLY FOUND IT!!! looks just as sick as i imagined it!

__8.jpg

Awesomely sick looking Zman. Oh btw, that's your new official nickname.

Well i have a Kaze as my exhaust and the front bezels are just mesh, it had foam in there but i took that out so i think it would breath just fine.

Hahaha well thanks 63083

I can tell you right now looking at the CM690 on my desk that it would not create a structural issue at all. Just remove the front panel and feet. Then use a (7/64th?) drill bit to de-rivet the bottom rivets. Then strike the rivets at the top of the cage. afaik from just looking, it should only be 8 rivets total as the HDD bay has no connection to the front riveted panel on the case.

Also, you can see in the picture where the owner has attached a piece of sheet metal to the mobo tray to cover wire management behind it as the HDD bay used to hide that.

An item like the Scythe Ita Kaze would be ideal to add on to the drive when installed in the 5.25 bay. Or buying a 5.25 dock or crossflow cooler. They (previous posts) make a valid point in low flow over the drive. Optimal temperature for operation is 22C - too hot or cold slows performance.

Remind me later on Grant, to give you more rep, that was an awesome post.

The only thing i can see being a problem is how to get to the rivets that are connecting the HDD and the CD drive together. See what im saying?

Yes actually i got one for christmas. The 300 i believe? It came with a small drill bit too. Im anxious to use it, more then drilling bigger holes in my router :p

I remember getting my dremel, lol. I was chopping pens/pencil in half for a whole night, lmfao.

You'll need a 7/64ths bit for drilling standard ATX chassis rivets. And actually, You can remove the top panel of the case and it might provide a little more workability if you have an extendable/bendable shaft. You could run it through the I/O. I don't remember how large it is, as I completely cut out that region for my LCS anyways.

Back
Top Bottom