Cloud file encryption

SassyScoop

Solid State Member
Hello. Do you guys think it's important to encrypt the files that you keep in the cloud? Because from my understanding they are rather insecure just being kept like that without any serious protection. I've been thinking between something like Cryptomator or NordLocker - both are free so eventually I'll try out them both, but I still wanted to get some opinions. I use Windows 10 and my cloud storage is in Dropbox in case that's relevant.

In fact, cloud storage is quite well protected, so when it comes to choosing storage, I always choose system storage. As for data encryption, yes, I use it. Despite the fact that cloud storage is sufficiently protected, inf information and data leaks from cloud servers often occur. In such cases, it is necessary to secure the seed. One day my iCloud was hacked and I lost a lot of important data. Since then, I have always used encryption of my data. Many people neglect their security on the Internet and believe that they are always under some kind of invisible protection, but this is far from the case! There is always a risk of being attacked on the network and there is always a risk of hacking or data leakage. That is why you need to be responsible for yourself and use encryption to protect yourself and your data from detractors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom