Cloud Computer??

tmar512

Beta member
Ok guys long time lurker first time poster, I'm in college and I have no shame in telling you I am broke and I mean BROKE BROKE, to a degree we ramen noodles 3 nights a week, my parents try and help best they can but they are on SSI with a fixed income so... anyways I came across this site and I tried searching on here for it and it seems no one has discussed it or bashed it or anything.

They claim you can connect through basically anything and have a full spec PC with some decent specs for a pretty low cost per month. So I had a few questions for you experts

1. Do you think its legit? or should I try it and pay with like a pre paid card?

2. Can they actually do what they are claiming

3. Will I be technically using their internet or my own when I browse, because we have Wifi here in the dorm

I never used anything but windows and Mac so I would likely choose the windows package

https://cloudcorevm.com/

or on the OTHER hand if you think this is not the route to go can you maybe spec out a superrrr cheap PC for me?

Thanks guys

What do you plan to do with it? It won't be good for gaming and, imo, it's on the pricey side for what you get. I think you'd be better off putting the monthly payment toward buying a computer rather than renting time on their VM.

I need it for day to day stuff and for college. Its the best price I seen with the amount of performance so far. And a flat fee. I like i can have access from anywhere but hopefully they are reliable. Might give them a shot and report how it is. I dont do much gaming other then mobile. Thanks for the input!!

How do you plan to connect to it? 45 a month for 4 cores and 5GB of RAM with a limited net speed. It'll also be slow as it's a Westmere (1366) Xeon.

And what exactly do you plan on doing on it? By day to day do you mean browse the net?

How do you plan to connect to it? 45 a month for 4 cores and 5GB of RAM with a limited net speed. It'll also be slow as it's a Westmere (1366) Xeon.

And what exactly do you plan on doing on it? By day to day do you mean browse the net?
Run windows applications that I cant on my Chromebook for the most part. I also like that I don't need to bring anything with me and can have a windows desktop on my phone. Pretty cool by the sounds of it. Just hope it's not trash

My small diamond-smooth brain sees this as the most typical scam on how to make money, it's there one an old and good wisdom - it can easily take from fools.

Well i did a trial of Microsoft azure and burned 200 worth of free credit in a week. And it was all server based which sucked. So I thought i would ask if anyone used cloud core before. Seems like a good deal as far as I can tell in comparison

You're not going to get good performance out of a poorly spec'd remote desktop machine, especially on a limited connection via a Chromebook. Not only that, they're charging a crap ton for what you actually get. I used to do this for 20 bucks and had better specs. You can try it but don't expect much.

Back
Top Bottom