Clonezilla Live help

biferi

Daemon Poster
I have Clonezilla Live and if I use this to make a Clone of my Hard Drive can I use this to put my Hard Drive back if it goes down??

Say my Hard Drive goes down can I import the Clone image to put my computer back to the way it was???

Or how do I use the Clone I make and what is it realy???

OK this is what I want to do and I would like it if someone can tell me if I can do this or if it wont work??

If I use Windows XP Pro Backup or Clonezilla Live what is the diferance???

If my Hard Drive one day goes down say realy down because my System Files are Bad or it can't load the Operatting system.

I would have to Re Install windows xp pro and all of my Programs again and then set up all my Programs the way I like them.

Can I make a FULL Backup of my Hard Drive with Windows xp pro Backup or do I need Clonezilla Live???

This is what I sould have asked I am so sorry???

Windows XP backup: You can back up your data and create a recovery disk so that you can restore you entire system in the event of a catastrophic drive failure.

Clonezilla Live: Basically the same as XP backup, except you need a network and a network server to store your backup. [edit] I was wrong, you can also restore from an image that isn't on a network server, but you are limited by the size of the storage such as CD, DVD, thumb drive, etc.

OK now what do you meen if I use Clonezilla Live I have to be on a Network so I can store the Backup of my Hard Drive on another computer??

I though as long as I use the Clonezilla Live I can put this in my CD ROM Drove and then run it and make my Backup of my Hard Drive and then store it on say my Secondary Hrd Drive that is inside my computer?????

Back
Top Bottom