Cloak

"A team of US and British scientists have successfully tested a device that is able to cloak a small copper cylinder from microwaves during testing. The cloak of invisibility only works in two dimensions and only on microwaves."
If they get this to work on missles in flight then they better get busy finding a way to counteract it. We'd get a launch detection and then a lot of "Where'd it go". Followed by a bright flash and a loud boom.
The field around the object being protected would allow the light or radio energy to slide over the surface and continue on as if nothing is there to start with. But to protect an object of any usable size IMPO will be a ways down the road.

I heard about that, but I agree, it'll be a longggggg time before the technology has a practical use.

Yeah, I heard that this tech was in development a long time ago. They were saying it would look more like "rising heat" than invisibility. Pretty cool (and yet scary) stuff.

kinda remind me of a cloak jacket i heard about. it only works if you stand directly in front of the poserson but there are cameras in the back that are displayed on the front of the jacket on a flexible screen thing, so it looks like nothing is there.

Haha! My cousin told me about this after he read "Consumer Science". I was like wtf?

Good Stuff. Gooood stuff.

Back
Top Bottom