Clicking on links opens small window

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
when i click on a hyperlink, it opens up a new window that is minimized. i want it to open up either full size, or just in another tab instead of opening in a separate window. anyone know what setting to adjust...i can't figure out which one. i'm using ie 7 on xp sp3.

In IE, click on Tools > Internet Options. On the General tab, click on the Settings button under the Tabs section. There you can select what options you want.

Try using your mouse to make the window you just opened bigger, then close using File » Close.

yeah, i've already tried all those suggestions with no luck, that's why i'm asking on here. i even just tried them again...any other ideas?

edit: i seem to have fixed it. for some reason, IE saw some links as pop-ups when clicked on, and opened them in a separate window. i went under tools/internet options/general/tabs - settings/ and selected "always open pop ups in a new tab". restarted IE, and bam..it was fixed. an example of a link that was opening in a separate window, and now opens in a new tab is the link in the first post on the "stripped screw" thread here..http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=79304

Back
Top Bottom