Clicking Hard drive

Ahh! Excellent. I didn't know about this trick. It's in a USB enclosure - my d610 doesn't have SATA...I guess it should work the same with USB interface, yes? Thanks for the tip man... Will freeze it when the new drive comes and give this a try....

Was the enclosure from WD and you have to return the enclosure as per the RMA? If so, you wont be able to remove the drive from it as that will void the warranty.

Maybe you could stick the entire enclosure in a big ol' ziplock bag and put the whole kit and kaboodle in the freezer.

Was the enclosure from WD and you have to return the enclosure as per the RMA? If so, you wont be able to remove the drive from it as that will void the warranty.

Maybe you could stick the entire enclosure in a big ol' ziplock bag and put the whole kit and kaboodle in the freezer.

It's in your standard USB aluminum enclosure...Can be removed easily without voiding any warranty. The 2nd drive arrived today...Just waiting on enclosure from new egg and will see what I can salvage...

Thanks again for the tip...Hoping it'll be enough to get the pictures off it...

Back
Top Bottom