Clicking external 1TB HD

I've never heard of the freezer trick before... But wouldn't warming up a frozen hard drive cause moisture to condense on it? Seems a little dangerous. I guess that's your best bet though if nothing else has worked.

Well, I know for sure that the hard drive itself is air tight, so no moisture will get into there. I guess I'd have the power to worry about, but it will hopefully work.

Haven't been able to try it yet, because I don't have a freezer bag, and also, the guy, whos hard drive it is may want to give it to another mate, and I think he may think the freezer trick may break it.

You could have a cooler handy with some ice in it. Once you pull it out of the freezer, make sure it's double-bagged (Ziplocs or something similar) and connect it up in those bags and tape them shut. Bury it partially in the ice (with the taped ends and connectors sticking upwards, not under the ice (so as not to allow water in) and then connect up to your computer. This would probably only work using USB as I can't imagine a SATA cable long enough to go from your computer to the cooler :p.

Back
Top Bottom