Cleaning Computer, Best method?

invest a air compressor and blow the fans, always works for me and plus i can use my air compressor to check my car tyres now

Thanks everyone.. I thought Compressed did not built static

I am referring to industrial compressed air. The type of air compressor and equipment that you would use to inflate car and truck tires. Even if you are using anti-static canned air I would still keep one hand in contact with the bare metal of the computer case to eliminate any possibility of static discharge. Also, when cleaning a personal computer in such a manner, do so with everything unplugged. I usually take the computer case outside to blow the dust out of it.

I am referring to industrial compressed air. The type of air compressor and equipment that you would use to inflate car and truck tires. Even if you are using anti-static canned air I would still keep one hand in contact with the bare metal of the computer case to eliminate any possibility of static discharge. Also, when cleaning a personal computer in such a manner, do so with everything unplugged. I usually take the computer case outside to blow the dust out of it.

I got a simple yet Interesting question... Why would the shock kill the component? Don't most of this component run Electric type of stuff already?
Just wondering

I got a simple yet Interesting question... Why would the shock kill the component? Don't most of this component run Electric type of stuff already?
Just wondering

Because the components are designed to use very low voltages. Static discharges can occur at much higher voltages than the components can safely handle sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom