Civic Si

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tox1cThreat

In Runtime
Im not a car guy really, im not a rich guy either... and Im probably not going to get a new car for a few years (im driving my grandmas old Olsmobile Cutlass Cierra) so I figured that if Im goign to get a used car in a couple of years I should look for new cars now.. (makes sense right?) Oh before I forget this is a currently a concept car.

So aside from the fact that its a civic what do you think about the new Civic SI... (looks style etc)

(Images from motortrend.com)

112_05_chicago_civicsi08_z.jpg

112_05_chicago_civicsi10_z.jpg

112_05_chicago_civicsi03_z.jpg

112_05_chicago_civicsi04_z.jpg

112_05_chicago_civicsi02_z.jpg

112_05_chicago_civicsi09_z.jpg

112_05_chicago_civicsi07_z.jpg

112_05_chicago_civicsi06_z.jpg

112_05_chicago_civicsi05_z.jpg

(Images from Google)

Civic_Si.jpg

http://www.dieselstation.com/wallpapers/Honda-Civic-Si-Concept-2005/Honda-Civic-Si-Concept-2005-006.jpg
(jsut so I dont stretch the forum too much)

I dunno, all these riced-up Honda-cars don't really impress me.

I drive an '06 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ 6 speed stick.

Daily, I race these raced-out Honda-cars and own them...

One time has one beat me, and for one, there was a bus in the way, and for two, he had nitro or some **** and it was insane. I bet he's gunna get laid now though.

they are nice especially with the crappy gas prices but i think the one you posted is a modified one i dont think they come stock like that i mean cmon does a civic really need to come stock with brembo brakes?? unless it had more than like 200horses which i dont think they do stock.

197hp, curb weight of 2877lbs=14.6lbs/hp

Brakes are important too, Ive had 3 cars that wouldnt do a hard stop from 110+ mph, brakes would fade out bad. Lot has changed since those days.

I think i read that the brembo brake systems are standard.. there was I put up that was riced out (pretty well I thought) jsut to throw it up there to see somethign different. Other than that I believe that its all stock.

I dont plan to race anything, and like I said I know its a Honda. But I also implied that I was looking for somethign that will be cheap(er) down the road. I believe this is about 20,000 USD and in two years (assuming that a car looses 1/3rd of its value in the first year) it should be 14,000 and I'll probably be able to pick something up that has a bit more milage on it for 10,000... thats the idea I was going for. Something that looks nice, will run for a long time, good gas mileage, and is reasonably priced for a kid about to graduate college.

So, with those criteria does that make it more reasonable?

NewCents05: The 06 Civic Si (this one) has 197Hp.....

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/model_overview.asp?ModelName=Civic+Si

The only problem now is that I STILL have to learn stick.. My mom promised to teach me but yea that might take a few years (at least)

in this day and age and energy situation, I wouldnt make too many assumptions about the future, or the worth of the car long term

True, I know Hondas hold their value, but If i get one with like 60000 or 75000 miles on it in a few years, it should be down a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom