Civic Si

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't want a car that racked up 75,000 miles in two years. On average, a person puts 10,000-12,000 miles per year on their car. Maybe in like 5-6 years 75,000 miles would be ok, but by then the SI will be cooler looking and more powerful, and you'll want one of those. If you want a car now, you should look into a used SI.

No defining lines. The car is too smoothed out - it might as well be a generic prescription drug in a brand-named "Lunesta" world. It still works for what it's supposed to do, but you just don't see commercials or anything entertaining about "Garry's Sleep-Aid build 83024.80.7"

Personally, I'm liking what Ford has been doing recently - sharp, CRISP lines accenting the vehicle's shape. It's all about the lines and the illusion of boundaries. Well, I like what they're doing except the '05 and the '06 Focuses... they messed up a perfectly good front end.

Now, if I can get my '02 Focus to house a used Formula engine... that'd be badass revving at a stoplight @12k RPM. Those ricer engines sound so lawn-mowerish... now a V8 Infiniti or Ferrari Formula engine @ 800bhp - THAT'S a great engine sound!

PS - Way to be a **** to Motortrend.com and the other sites you stole images from. If you must, host the images on your own server.

HOTLINKING IMAGES FROM OTHER WEBSITES IS BAD INTERNET ETIQUITTE.

197hp stock??? **** thats bad *** for a civic i remember the older models would have like 90-115hp and they blew monkey balls

NewCents05 said:
197hp stock??? **** thats bad *** for a civic i remember the older models would have like 90-115hp and they blew monkey balls
That's twice what the old civics had then... ~200hp is NOT bad at all. How can you say a 200% improvement is bad?

My Focus has ~140hp, and it moves (5-speed). Not the fastest car in the world, but it is very very fun to drive.

Eagleboy.......isn't he saying it's "bad arse".......not saying it's bad? Look at the asterisks after the word bad.

curtcheese64 said:
You don't want a car that racked up 75,000 miles in two years. On average, a person puts 10,000-12,000 miles per year on their car. Maybe in like 5-6 years 75,000 miles would be ok, but by then the SI will be cooler looking and more powerful, and you'll want one of those. If you want a car now, you should look into a used SI.

True, I dont want to get it now tho, Im looking into the future. Also thats kinda the average (most people drive to work and do errands) Im sure that there are cars out there that are 3 years old or so with more miles.. Actually my dads buying a 03 Honda Accord with ~65000 Miles (private seller).. So Im sure that there will be some.:)

Why nto get a car with 75K on it. If its a honda you can run it into the ground as long as you take care of it..

apokalipse[/I][B] shiny..... how much fuel will it burn? [/B][/QUOTE] 23/32 City/Highway [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Eagleboy said:
PS - Way to be a **** to Motortrend.com and the other sites you stole images from. If you must, host the images on your own server.

HOTLINKING IMAGES FROM OTHER WEBSITES IS BAD INTERNET ETIQUITTE.

I apologize for not being polite.
:rolleyes:

At least I gave the sites credit for where I got them instead of just throwing them up. If they have a problem Im sure theyll ask not to do it....

And since I gave them credit I didnt steal them.. In fact if I had saved them and uploaded them to imageshack or photobucket or somethign than THAT would be more akin to stealing.

Nubius said:
Eagleboy.......isn't he saying it's "bad arse".......not saying it's bad? Look at the asterisks after the word bad.
Ahh, touché. Not too good at this street lingo, I guess. Heh.

And Toxicthreat...

The purpose of hosting the images on photobucket or something would be to SAVE MOTORTREND.COM SOME BANDWISTH COSTS.

It doesn't matter if you gave them credit or not - you are drawing bandwidth away from their servers, costing them money. If you must show the images, put links to them - this way each person who decides they want to see pictures of a car can view them once, and every person who views the thread doesn't download xx-amount of megs.

So far, you've racked up over 30 megs on the motortrend servers. Sure, it's not much, but would you like people stealing your pocket change? Be curtious - link to the images or the website. You're not stealing the images as your own if you host them on your own server - as you're giving credit to them, but if you link it off of their server, you are stealing their bandwidth.

Before I rant any more about being a considerate human being, just read this...
http://www.deuceofclubs.com/switcheroo/index.html

Do what you want, but know that you'd be part of the scum of the internet if you continue to do this. Slightly better than people who post the free iPod scams, but worse than people who send fowarded emails to you so you can delete them before bothering to open them.

PS - That estimated gas consumption on the car is horrid...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom