Chrome Your Connection is not private

zillah

In Runtime
Dear folk

Recently happened with Google chrome error message :

your-connection is not private,,,,,even that happened with bank site and couple of other sites

While those sites are working on Mozilla
Scanned for malwarebytes nothing there
Date and time are correct
Firewall and AV are turned off for testing purpose
Clear Cookies
Uninstalled Chrome and installed fresh copy

What else should I try ?

Thx

This happens when you try to open web pages that used https: //, which means they used at least URL encryption, but now their SSL certificates have expired or/and updated, but on Your pc are still stored old certificates. (you have disabled the deletion of saved certificates on the computer).
If you experience this problem, it is possible that
  1. You have cookies that try to log you in with old website data
  2. You have not deleted any old certificates stored on your computer
  3. Your Chrome User Data is corrupted and cannot be overwritten with new data
Like You said, you cleaned cookies, but probably not old certificates, and if there is still a problem, you need to update your User Data in the folder
Code:
%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
or if you use another location to store your Chrome data, then there.
Chrome will never need to be reinstalled (unless you or a malware has corrupted it), but User Data will need to be updated from time to time.
Reinstalling Chrome won't change User Data and remove/clean cache.
PS Sometimes just restarting your browser isn't enough for Chrome to take changes effect, but you need to restart your computer, or at least restart file explorer.

I would suggest you make at all new User Data, ie new folder. You don't have to delete the old one, just back it up, rename or move it to other place or simply put in [User Data], and Chrome will create a new folder for you. But remember,before You'll go to change, close all Chrome related functions and services, otherways You can't do anything.
Once your data is synced, all synced data will be restored automatically. If not synced, you'll need to restore favorites, extensions, etc. manually.

Thx kalju
Following your instructions
I closed Chrome
While Chrome is closed I renamed the folder "User Data" in this path C:\Users\zillah\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data to be Old User Data
The I run Chrome and I tried to access : westpac.com.au (bank website)
Still it says : Your Connection is not private
But now Option Advanced is available I can proceed to the website ,,,,before that the Advanced option was not there

What if you use that address? I tried, no problems. There is everything in order, the certificate is valid.
Code:
https://www.westpac.com.au/
Maybe you're using an extension that prevents websites from loading properly? Maybe you have a some script blocked, maybe you're using https everywhere (if use, remove it for ever and forget it also forever) or an adquard that isn't configured correctly?
I can't think of anything. This is a local problem or problem with your Internet connection that is causing problems.
ScreenShot_20201017060407.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom