Christmas Time... Time for a TV... but oh.. am I dated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are no options to change refresh rates.... nor are there to go from 480i to anything else manually.

Go into your console settings and set it to a higher resolution, you have a lot of settings on devices that should be checked. And if you are using sub-standard cables, you will get the issues your describing. Such as using a co-ax cable, or old RCA cables.

1) the TV reception cuts out to "snow" during use, frequently. I took another TV from another room and hooked it up using the same coax in the same spot and over an hour in= no cut outs. Something is wrong with the new TV.

2) the console is set to 1080P. Even if this were not the case= it would only change the HDMI setting - not anything else.

It would feed a 1080p signal to the TV, the TV would accept and display it, otherwise it would black out... I guess take it back? Color bleed isn't normal if your using digital signals. But from my understanding your using cables that are basically analog.... Maybe I am wrong...

You can't expect perfect picture when your feeding analog signals to a TV set, or sending audio and video along the same line to the set, as crosstalk occurs. Which is evident by co-ax, unless the signal on the co-ax is 100% digital, which is unlikely in your case.

Also, you can no longer get "snow" if your in the states, (I am just going to assume you are in the states) as everything has moved almost fully digital, unless your cable provider isn't digital, which they should be.

Well... I live in the states.... and it intermittantly cut out to snow image. Just for about 1/2 second, then back to standard def.

Normally doesn't do that - normally just goes to a screen (blue/Satelite/whatever) but static and snow noise every so often , rather often, when watchin TV is a no-no.

We are gettin rid of our Dish TV stuff in April when contract ends, it's been nothing but diarrhea all. Every time they send someone out - even for simple stuff, it's like $95. They d/c 1 wall in my room to connect the other wall - instead of just plugging both cables in with a splitter. (so only the east wall has TV right now, but I want the new TV on the west wall!) plus signal is just poor and quality/service is poor. Honestly... if anyone is consiering going Dish Network - I advise NOT TO.

Back to the TV... we're TV shopping again. the intermittant cutting out of signals has not occured with the same cables/hook up/setting/position with the TV that was located in the mater bedroom ( we swapped them to troubleshoot) it's been on all night and not a single Signal loss.

@Trotter
Thanks hun, wasn't sure where exactly this should go, since I do need it for 'gaming' but it is normally just a 'multimedia' type device.

If you got snow, return the old set, something is very long, as snow/static don't exist on satellite, but block like distortion can occur.

I have been with dish for 7 years now, not a single issue, but I also have a dish500 which is really old. They also can not split the signal, the split occurs at the dish, inside the receiver (the receiver on the end of the dish, not your box), rather different technology than cable. This is probably why they didn't run it to multiple rooms, as a spliter in the cable will cause signal degradation, and you just can't run two boxs on a single cable that is split due to how it works, at least, with the ancient junk I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom