Christmas Present, A new 8800GTS (G92) which one?

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Hey there guys,

I am considering getting a new 8800GTS for my brother for X-Mass, I am personally waiting for new 9800 :D

I noticed on newegg, there is more then one company to choose from;
Is EVGA the best one?
What exactly is this Step-up program? How does it work? Is it only for EVGA?
Is the new 8800GTS that much better then the GT?
Should I get the 8800GTS?

Lots of thanks.

eVGA is a very good company because of their reliable support and hot products. They generally have high marks when it comes to GPU specs compared to all the other manufacturers. Here's a little synopsis of the Step-Up Program:

http://www.evga.com//stepup/Default.asp

Lots of fine prints and you can do this once only. It's all right. Better than nothing.

I can't see myself getting any other graphics card than eVGA. Well, maybe XFX.

Same underlying chipset, but if you notice, most eVGA graphics card tend to have higher clocks which I just love. Stock OC. Can't get better than that--except for the cost of course. I'm not huge on OCing so I prefer to have the OC already done for me. I guess that's the deception in their products. Why pay more when you can OC it yourself? They generally have a lot of rebate too which makes them attractive, but XFX can be hands down cheap as well when it comes to pricing which also attracted me to their line of GPUs. The eVGA Step-Up program is probably the most attractive of all, especially for those who always crave for top of the line graphics card. That is probably what draws more people into purchasing the eVGA video cards.

I also judge them by their website and I can get around eVGA's site perfectly. Easy to navigate and very good online support. Detailed specs are right there with the product picts.

XFX is actually better known for their factory OC cards.
eVGA is a great brand. Just get whatever's cheapest.

Lots of fine prints and you can do this once only. It's all right. Better than nothing.

Just to clarify, that is, once per card buy, not only once per person.

And since it hasn't been touched yet, the new GTS' will out perform the GT.

Thank you guys for all your help, I really do appreciate it.

My brother mainly plays WoW, maybe Crysis from time 2 time… & he has 19” monitor. When some of you sad get the GT, maybe u are right. There is a $100 diff between the GT & GTS, but u get a free copy of Crysis when u get the GTS from eVGA. I mean I guess its all comes down if I want to spend an extra $100…

Do u get all the info about the step-up in the box when u receive the card?

So it doesn't matter what card I decide to go with, ether GT or GTS as long as they are both eVGA I will have the step-up availability right?

What you guys think GT or GTS for my brother? :D

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom