Christianity: The Greatest Story Ever Told

cliff notes, or spark notes is just a summary, lol.

I'm going to try and read it after I setup my HD dish box. If I ever get it done, lol. Its taking FOREVER!

haha k thanks though. I mean text is as factual as you can get but it doesn't have the kind of effect a video would you know. Take your time though, it's pretty awesome. I mean there are some slight differences in their evidence like for example with the Egyptian God Horus, he was conceived when his mother actually had intercourse with his father's corpse haha but that story's credibility has been argued, I think they did all the bookwork for about a year before it came out and all the sources are listed @ www.zeitgeistmovie.com/sources.htm

very interesting read and when you look at it from a non biased view it does make sense but i believe they do have proof that jesus was a man that actually existed from roman records

Hmm yeah I didn't know much about that specific topic but I think Jesus existed but he was a mortal, here's my favourite part from The Da Vinci Code:

"The bible is a product of man, not of God. The bible did not fall magically from the clouds. Man has created it as a historical record of tumultuous times, and it has evolved through countless translations, additions and revisions. History has never had a definitive version of the book."

"More than eighty gospels were considered for the New Testament, and yet only a relative few were chosen for inclusion - Matthew, Mark, Luke and John among them."

"Who chose which gospels to include?" "Aha! The fundamental irony of Christianity! The Bible, as we know it today, was collated by the pagan Roman emperor Constantine the Great." "I thought Constantine was a Christian?" "Hardly. He was a lifelong pagan who was baptized on his death bed, too weak to protest. In Constantine's day, Rome's official religion was sun worship - the cult of Sol Invictus, or the Invincible Sun - and Constantine was its head priest. Unfortunately for him, a growing religious turmoil was gripping rome. Three centuries after the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, Christ's followers had multiplied exponentially. Christians and pagans began warring, and the conflict grew to such proportions that it threatened to rend Rome in two. Constantine decided something had to be done. In 325 AD, he decided to unify Rome under a single religion, Christianity." "Constantine converted the sun worshipping pagans to christianity. By fusing pagan symbols, dates and rituals into the growing Christian tradition, he created a kind of hybrid religion that was acceptable to both parties."

"Nothing in Christianity is original. The pre-Christian God Mithras - called the Son of God and the Light of The World - was born on December 25th, died, was buried in a rock tomb, and then resurrected in three days."

"Originally, Christianity honored the Jewish Sabbath of Saturday, but Constantine shifted it to coincide with the pagan's veneration day of the sun. To this day, most churchgoers attend services on Sunday morning with no idea that they are there on account of the pagan sun god's weekly tribute - Sunday"

"Nobody is saying Christ was a fraud, or denying that He walked the Earth and inspired millions to better lives. All we are saying is that Constantine took advantage of Christ's substantial influence and importance. And in doing so, he shaped the face of Christianity as we know it today."

"Because Constantine upgraded Jesus' status almost four centuries
after Jesus' death, thousands of documents already existed chronicling His life as a mortal man. To rewrite the history books, Constantine knew he would need a bold stroke. From this sprang the most profound moment in Christian history."

"Constantine commissioned and financed a new bible, which omitted those gospels that spoke of Christ's
human traits and embellished those gospels that made Him godlike. The earlier gospels were outlawed, gathered up and burned"

"Fortunately for historians, some of the gospels that Constantine attempted to eradicate managed to survive. The Dead Sea Scrolls were found in the 1950s hidden in a cave near Qumran in the Judean desert. And, of course, the Coptic Scrolls in 1945 at Nag Hammadi. In addition to telling the true Grail story, these documents speak of Christ's ministry in very human terms. Of course, the Vatican, in keeping with their tradition of misinformation, tried very hard to suppress the release of these scrolls. And why wouldn't they? The scrolls highlight glaring historical discrepancies and fabrications, clearly confirming that the modern Bible was compiled and edited by men who possessed a political agenda - to promote the divinity of the man Jesus Christ and use His influence to solidify their own power base."

Impatient people.. lol.

I'll read it when I get home. I'll have the time then.

I'm not particularly religious, but religion is a very interesting subject.

Impatient people.. lol.

I'll read it when I get home. I'll have the time then.

I'm not particularly religious, but religion is a very interesting subject.

yeah I guess alot (I'm not going to generalize and say most) of the regular CF users aren't at the age where this is relevant or they simply never had experience with an organized religion but I think so many people need to learn about it. Not exactly that specific video but the concept it explains, it's completely metaphorical and yet millions of people are brainwashed by a story. I may possibly start another thread about another part of the documentary which is important for USA citizens but I'd let this die down first.

there is a 5000 character limit on each post, so you have to post multiple times to get lots of text like that.

EDIT:

although the limit can be bypassed by putting the text in quotes :rolleyes:

Mods, multi-posting.

If you bothered to read the 3rd sentence you'd see I explained that each post is limited to 10 000 characters per post which required more posts, exactly like justifying multiple posts by the image limit. This thread's had 220+ views and a Mod would have checked a title like that a while ago to make sure it's not going to provoke a flame war, if they cared they would have done something by now, even David didn't mind.

there is a 5000 character limit on each post, so you have to post multiple times to get lots of text like that.

although the limit can be bypassed by putting the text in quotes :rolleyes:

Nope, it's 10k each post with quotes or not I tested, here's proof.

lawl.jpg

I heard about this on QI a few months ago.

Very interesting, and to me it all makes sense. Much more sense then the 'other version'.

I heard about this on QI a few months ago.

Very interesting, and to me it all makes sense. Much more sense then the 'other version'.

thats it, when you put it like that as the "other version" you suddenly realize that science is catching up with religion and that the ever going hunt for the truth that it was created by man, as man does have an imagination. i dont see my dog praying to God, do you know why? because it has no imagination and so no concept of God. I work with autistic people and i dont see them praying to God, do you know why because of it being an developmental disorder and the triads of impairment. one being the imagination and not being able to get the head around something that isnt real and tangible. apparantly God has a plan for everyone but why would God create someone that cant even graspe the concept of him? sounds like catch 22 to me, the Bsta*rd there going to hell as God made them go there as they cant believe in him and thats not fair! isnt God suppose to be fair?

Back
Top Bottom