choosing motherboard help

when choosing a motherboard, you want to match the socket type of your processor to the socket type of the motherboard (you will have to see spec of both). You also need to consider the dimensions/form factor to make sure it will fit inside your case. Just some tips to help you find one on your own :)

imo look into Gigabyte mobo's or evga, they both have some at decent prices. If you let me know how much your willing to spend on a mobo i can help you out more.

i would like to spend about 70$ or less, but but i could spend more if it would make a big difference

sorry wrong motherboard i posted, ill edit in a second

check this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813186185

it is a micro board, so a little smaller then the standard size, just check the dimensions. This might be the best deal your going to find that will work with that processor, but you can look around on that site and see if you can find better ones or one with more features you are looking for.

just look at the specs, make sure the RAM type is what your looking for, pci-e slots, other pci slots etc....

The question is are you going to use a graphics card, and what interface card do you have, or will be getting? If you are getting a new card the board needs PCI Express 2.0 which wont effect the price. I've been building some for some businesses with the 2.6ghz Pentium Dual Core, and have been spending about $50 a board. So just email me via my website and I can get you the exact newegg link for the boards I use.

after reading a few reviews the case i want does not go well with micro boards so i would like to go to a full size board

Back
Top Bottom