Choosing a Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

suicide007

In Runtime
I just need a good, dependable, and fast HD to replace my 300gb maxline3 that went bad. I had about 60 gigs on it after about 6 months, so i want a deecent capacity. Also, budget is $200. I want it to last a long time.

What about the 16mb cache raptor? Im thinkin about the 74 gb version of it, just because ive never heard of any major problems with these drives, and i think theyre the most reliable drives out there (tell me if im wrong). What about this one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822136033

And i could reformat my 300-gig and just use it for storage when the 74 is gone.

And id still prolly get some kind of hd cooler.

or what about the seagate barracuda's? They have high capacities, decent timings, and low prices, and seem to be dependable. Anyone here ever had experience with seagate?

Seagate and Western Digital are highly regarded as the two best HDD manufacturers. Either would be a great choice. I say go with the one that's the best deal.

For $200 get 2*250gb Seagate HDD's, you'll still have $20 left over, and you'll get 500gb of VERY dependable hdd space.

Im just gonna stay wiht the one 320-gig drive, cause its $90, and i probably wont use the 320 gigs for a while. (like, at least 2 or 3 years)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom