Chinese labour camp prisoners forced to play World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being with a Chinese girl for a long while now and having most of her family still there, I know all too well what it's like there and the unbelievable corruption that runs the country. There are much worse things happening to the "free" than even the prisoners.

ummm don't make excuses for them. they could easily change, but they will cling onto it unless someone forces them to change or thier system collapses so bad they will get a rude awakening. the only way to get rid of a bad system is to "reformat" the system.

Exactly, human rights is exactly what it say's if your a human you have rights and nothing should remove them especially when it's for saying something like "Humm I would like to chose who governs me and my family", the great leap forward put the sociological and personal development of Chinese people back about 100 / 200 years.

Being with a Chinese girl for a long while now and having most of her family still there, I know all too well what it's like there and the unbelievable corruption that runs the country. There are much worse things happening to the "free" than even the prisoners.

Aint that the truth, Liverpool has a massive Chinese population both recent emigrants and long (100 or so years) term, so we get to see lot's of protests and news from that region. The way the people are treated and allowed to be treated by private enterprise is shocking let alone the government clamp downs on free speech.

There is bad corruption in every country. The only difference is some are better at covering it up than others, and the corruption lies in different places.

At the end of the day we are the people moaning at prices and buying cheap Chinese goods. What do people expect China to do ? remove child labor and abolish all human right abuses, at the expense of total economic collapse ? it's not easy to solve.

the alternative is doing what our prisons do which is: lose money and have extremely high return rates of prisoners. Putting aside the fact that a lot of the prisoners are most likely (saying most likely because there's no way to get the truth of why the inmates are indeed inmates) serving for questionable crimes in the eyes of the world, china's certainly got this whole economic thing down. They essentially leech off of every facet of the USA economy from the high amount government bonds, to the middle class (toys in walmart, clothes) manufacturing goods and many foods, and now even video games. \

That point aside, why would anyone stop this. There will always be lazy people who will pay for gold in WoW. The server companies make money because the chinese prison guards have to pay for that accounts which makes the server companies more money based off of usage. And the inmates who in a more perfect world would be there for some crime they committed and rather than being supported by the tax payers like our inmates they're being forced to do something. And guess what, the government gets to tax the money that the prison guards make! So it's a win win for everybody except the prisoners who in my opinion have passed on their right to win.

Not really... While China does thrive off of exports to the US, it has massive exports to every developed country and doesn't rely on using only one. Canada and the US are the two countries that can't live without one another. More than 50% of our total trades are between each other. Only about 10% comes from China for each country.

China's economy thrives off of itself. Communism reigns supreme in times of rough economies. Encouraging and almost forcing its citizens to buy gold to support a gold-backed currency helps a huge amount. Keeping a large amount of its trade within the country also is a big factor.

I vote we stop discussing the issue of where the prisons are situated and if that is not possible the thread should be closed.

China is a country of extremes, from the rural populace which still live as a tribal/village hierachy with little police control to the Hong Kong citizens whom have been extremely westernized from colonial rule and generations in a thriving city. It is difficult to set rules on society and enforce them, when that society is a hotpot of people from different areas with different morales moving into the cities to find work.

Human Rights were created in the west according to western values which have been largely established through the prevalence the major religion we share as colonial powers. These differ from Chinese values and as such there is a natural conflict. There respect system is extremely complex and difficult to understand and anyone that has lived and worked in the east for a period of time will need to understand the concept of "loss of face". It changes the whole idea of what is right and wrong in their eyes.

This topic is a mute one, every nation has a dark past where we cut down the forests created forced labour and burnt the earth to urbanised. The media's portrayal will still be given a negative spin due to difference of governments and the world being at edge for 60 years over that issue.

Humans are a manipulative and greedy race but also capable of undying love, passion and humility. Move to China and find out first hand what is going on then I will be more then happy to join in a discussion with you over first account knowledge. They find our behavior just as strange and repulsive as we find theirs at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom