Elixer 512MB PC3200 Ram x 1 chip
PowerColor Radeon 9600 256MB Video card
Sound Blaster Audigy gamer sound card
1 120 gig Western Digital 8mb Hard Drive
1 250 gig Western Digital 8 mb Hard Drive
1 generic DVD Rom
1 Memorex CD-RW
Floppy Drive

And this is my problem. I installed all the components listed above and installed Win XP Pro with no problems at all. When I copied some folders from one drive to another the computer started to get really unstable and then froze. I rebooted and it froze on start up again. I then rebooted one more time and got a check sum error CPU ratio has been changed defaults loaded. After I saw that I cleared my CMOS and rebooted the computer. Again I got the same check sum error. I reseated the memory and the CPU and checked all connections to the board and drives. I rebooted and still get the same check sum error. I even tried to clear the CMOS and pulled that battery for 30 mins and still get the message. This is a brand new board, memory, CPU, and video card. Is there anything else that I can do to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance again.......

mrjerryk said:
... And this is my problem. I installed all the components listed above and installed Win XP Pro with no problems at all. When I copied some folders from one drive to another the computer started to get really unstable and then froze. I rebooted and it froze on start up again. I then rebooted one more time and got a check sum error CPU ratio has been changed defaults loaded. After I saw that I cleared my CMOS and rebooted the computer. Again I got the same check sum error. I reseated the memory and the CPU and checked all connections to the board and drives. I rebooted and still get the same check sum error. I even tried to clear the CMOS and pulled that battery for 30 mins and still get the message. This is a brand new board, memory, CPU, and video card. Is there anything else that I can do to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance again.......

It sounds like one of the files you've moved is a Virus - all I can say about that is to reset Windows again and make sure you check the files before you put them onto your computer again. Won't be too much bother if you've only just done it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom