Check My Upcoming System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadeth2

Daemon Poster
CURRENT COMP WILL BE REPLACED WITH...
| Foxconn NF4PIK8AA-8EKRS | AMD Opteron 142 | Micron 4 x 512 PC2100 | Optorite DVD +/- RW | CompUSA Floppy Drive | Thermaltake Venus 12 | ATi Radeon X600 Pro (Will Be Changed!) | Apec SuperCase w/ 350W PSU (Nasty!) (Will Be Changed) | Creative SoundBlsater 16-Bit |

CPU+Motherboard+Heatsink=~$430

What do you think?

Fedora Core 3 + Gaming + Maya + Usual!

could be a lot better...what store is that from? best buy? (no offenese intended).

You can't get Opterons from Best Buy, huh! I got the 2 GB RAM free and I'm getting 2 GB of DDR333 free also. So, it is natural that I would go with an Opteron. Plus, the Foxconn board has the overclocking options I want and all the features I want also.

I'm only buying the motherboard, processor, and heatsink, you know.

I think it looks good.... But do you have the skills to build complex stuff on Maya that will take advantage of the 4 gb?? :rolleyes:

but that does not matter the more ram the better.

if u want to overclock, dont get 2 gigs of RAM, its horrible to OC with. if u want to overlcock, get a DFI mobo. and if u r planning to game, get an athlon 64

My gaming is not like everyone here. I don't game on computer that much. The Opterons don't oc that high anyway. I'll be happy with a minimal overclock. I'm not very much worried about the cpu clock, but more about the base clock. I'm not going to put 4 GB in there. I'm going to replace the 266 with the 333 once I get it. In Maya, I'm a beginner. I just have that RAM and I can't sell it, but I can use it. It is the only way I can get an SLI board and the newest technology. I'm set for Dual-Core and everything.

err whats your budget? Why the hell are you not getting an a64 and ddr400 ram? that pc kinda sucks, espesially the x600pro lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom