Check my Future Build Please?

KH Sup

Baseband Member
Hi Everyone. Please note that I am in Australia and all prices are AUD$.

So after spending several weeks researching, I have decided on a build I would like to make, and I would appreciate any information you may have for me. My budget is $1800 ($1900 if I'm really pushing it) and I will be using the computer for gaming at 1080p as well as video encoding and application/website development. I will also be studying ICT next year at uni. So I want to be able to do anything I want with the computer. So with that said. Here is My build:

Case: Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper - $167
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth x79 - $354
CPU: Intel i7 3820 - $299
CPU Cooling: Antec Kuhler h20 620 - $79
GPU: Gigabyte HD7970 OC - $415
PSU: Antec ATX Truepower 750W - $135
RAM: G. Skill Ripjaw Z 16GB@1600mhz - 85
HD - OS: OCZ Agility 3 60GB -$55
HD - Other: Western Digitial Caviar Blue 500GB - $61.50
Optical: Liteon IHBS312 Bluray R/Rw DVD Combo - $75

Total Cost: $1725.50

A few notes about this build: most people would recommend a larger SSD, but I really only want it for my really important programs and the OS, I don't need it to store all my movies and music etc. Therefore, 60GB is plenty and I can always upgrade when I need to.

Also, with the i7 3820, I'm really just waiting for the Ivy Bridge-E to come out, then I plan to upgrade. I'm not much of an OC'er so I do believe the 750W is enough.

Please let me know if you think I can downgrade a component to a better valued component, or If I should upgrade.:flowers:

Regards,
Sup :lol:

Looks like a great build!
Some items for your consideration:
A Gamer needs a case with great cooling/airflow; check out the HAF 932 Advanced or HAF X.
The ASUS P9X79 LGA is actually a better mobo for less money.
The Corsair H80 might be a better cooler and performer.
EVGA GTX 680 - better driver support than AMD and outperforms the 7970.
I prefer Samsung or Crucial SSDs and OCZ is trying to go out of business.

Have fun with your new build!

OS-Wiz said:
Looks like a great build!
Some items for your consideration:
A Gamer needs a case with great cooling/airflow; check out the HAF 932 Advanced or HAF X.
The ASUS P9X79 LGA is actually a better mobo for less money.
The Corsair H80 might be a better cooler and performer.
EVGA GTX 680 - better driver support than AMD and outperforms the 7970.
I prefer Samsung or Crucial SSDs and OCZ is trying to go out of business.

Have fun with your new build!

I'll check those cases and cooler when I get home later.
I did have a quick look at the p9x79. Do u mean the normal edition or the pro, deluxe or le.
I do like the 680's my main problem is the price. The 680 out prices the 7970 quite substantially. Doesn't it?
I'll check out those SSds. Any drive in particular that would perform well or be cheap?

With the money you save on the P9X79 LE you can upgrade to the 680. Samsung 830 or 840 series SSDs, whichever is cheaper in the size you need.

With the money you save on the P9X79 LE you can upgrade to the 680.
I found out that to get the p9x79 LE, u have to import it to australia. so i just went with the p9x79. as a result i upgrade to the evga GTX 680.
Samsung 830 or 840 series SSDs, whichever is cheaper in the size you need.
i ended up choosing the corsair force 60GB.

i also ended up choosing the Cooler Master HAF X 942 as my case. But i decided to stick with the Antec Kuhler h20 620.

Thanks for your help. if you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

Regards,
Sup

Back
Top Bottom