Check My Build

KH Sup

Baseband Member
Hey All,
So I am planning on building a new computer very soon. I was hoping some members would check the build. My Budget is about $2150AUD and I will be using Umart Computer Notebook&PC Parts - Umart online® Your one stop Computer Shop for computer parts,notebook and new system to buy the parts.
So lets have a look at the component :D

Case:
Coolermaster HAF X 942
$189

Motherboard:
ASUS P9X79 Deluxe
$399

CPU*:
Intel i7 3820
$305

CPU Cooling:
Antec KUHLER H20 620
$79

GPU:
ASUS GTX 680 DirectCU II Edition
$548

RAM:
G. Skill 16GB @1600MHz(CL9) (4x4GB)
$119

Optical:
Liteon IHBS312 (Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Read/Write)

Hard Drive:
Corsair Force 3 Series 120gb
$138

Western DIgital 1TB Caviar Blue
$69

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
$99

PSU:
OCZ Fatal1ty 750W
$109

Total Price at the moment: AU$2129

*Going with the i7 3820 at the moment, because I am waiting for the next set of extreme processors... HURRY UP ALREADY INTEL :ermm:

I have a few questions about this build:

1. Do you think that this PSU will be enough for all this components
2. That all the components will fit in the case (I believe it should, but a second opinion is always nice)
3. Do you think what I am getting is good value for money (note, I am wanting to get as powerful a computer as I can to last me many many years).
4. Any Building Tips/Recommendations (other than the usual: make sure you're grounded, motherboard standoffs - what you find on most websites)?

Cheers for reading this.
Sup

Hi KH Sup :)

Just two things 8 GB RAM will be enough and I would change from Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue to Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black , nice case and all should fit. Good luck with your build (and remember don't rush the build take your time learn and enjoy) :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom