Check if email exists??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerk000

Beta member
Is there a way to check if some email exists without actually sending an email to that address and seeing if it bounces back or not? i.e. some program like "ping" or something?
thanks

Ping has some uses, but is generally for IP addresses to see response times and if there's even any response at all. What do you need to check the existance of an email address for?

but is there a way to check email existance though?? i want to know whether such and such person is studying at the university. but in case she is, i dont want to write to her.

So you'd like to see if an e-mail address exists?

I'd look for an LDap server at the university. Many have them, and you can search for people there.

The university has a search directory, but perhaps the students can set options so that they're not found in the directory. on the other hand if she does have an email there, i would know its address... but if her name is real, then i dont want her to think that i am still after her. i just want to remember her name(if it's real) so perhaps a year from now, i would email her.

Dunno about that...

I'd be careful with what you're doing. Sounds kind-of stalkerish. If they aren't listed it because they requested not to. We have privacy laws in the US for a reason :p

well i am trying to stop stalking her. but i still need to know if her name is real. and i am not willing to send even an anonymous email to her...

Ummm... the best way to stop stalking her is to just stop...

Put her out of your mind. Go see a movie or play some sport.....

so there is no program that could check if her email exists or not, without actually sending her an email??

not really.. if spam ppl can't figure out a way, most likely there isn't a way :|.. sign up for a free account, send a spam like e-mail, test it that way :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom