cheap way for Surround Sound

IntotheGateway

Beta member
Pretty cheap way of making a Surround setup.
If you are a pack-rat like me you probably have more than one set of speakers that are being put to no use. I thought it would be cool to make a surround sound feel.
What You will need:
2/3 sets of pretty good/great speakers and a couple of audio splitters
Directions:
now you plug the audio splitter into the jack for your speakers no you can plug in another audio splitter into the first one and now you have 3 jacks or two depending on how many splitters you have. Then just plug in all the speakers into the splitters and your good to go. It works fairly well if you use a different caliber of speakers.

-Andy

Basically, its surround sound in the way that all speakers output the same sound :p

Unless you just have stereo, but, to get surround sound, it'd cost like what, £20 for a reletively good sound card? Especially if you already have the speakers

i have a stero with aux so i just plug the computer into that and play sound.

useing a cable i found on newegg. the same cable could also be used to hook up anything that has a standarded mp3 aduio jack in it.

Surround is when the back speakers play the sounds that would normally be behind you. The front play what would be in front of you. The side speakers play what would be to your left and right. The voice channel plays the spoken parts and the sub plays the deep heavy sounds. Not all speakers playing the same thing at the same time. You need a surround sound decoder or a sound card with the outputs already divided. My motherboard has 7.1 surround that will knock your socks off.

Im very much into my sound, I got a usb audio jack and wireless sony mdr-rf800r, the sound is pure, I also have a few audio programs to adjust the performance and the sound.

sounds everything

Yeah, plugging speakers all into the same channel isn't surround, you just get more speakers...

Back
Top Bottom