Cheap dvd-rom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewolf5460

Fully Optimized
I went to officemax with my mom because she needed to get a gift for fathers day.Went in the drive section had on sale a dvd-rom drive bought it for $20 also bought a usb 3.5 bay hub for $9.

It is an old comp and I was not going to pay much on it because it is the one my dad and me made and I got it when the family got the new comp.Just needed to upgrade it to do basic tasks.

To my question can my comp play dvds.And is the drive any good I highly doubt it is,but it works.

It will be able to read DVD's and accept a DVD drive

However with yoru processor, a hardware DVD decoder is a nessicity, these are usually built into the video card however.

Yah works and it came with some dvd player software,power dvd it is not a trial.I overlooked the cd it was inbetween the manual pages.It works perfectly just installed it only hiccups when I am doing something else in the background while watching.
Also that drive bay hub works good too.If any of you remember my post on installing my usb wireless card on the internal usb slot so it was taken.(totaly forgot) So I had to route the wire through an unused opening to the front of the usb card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom