Chat

I personally like chat a lot, however, not to replace this forum. I use to talk strictly with friends and no one else.

Ya it's a novel idea Neodude but for one, the chat loses popularity in a hurry (form past experiences) and two, it takes away from the forums by less posts and less threads for future references to other people with the same questions.

meh would be alright for general stuff, but a forums nice as its an archive of useful info that people can search. a chat is just a one time answer that would have to be repeated a lot.

People leave after their question is solved no matter what. Honestly, how many actually stay after they ask a few questions? Maybe 2 out of 10. I only have one main reason for why I don't want it. Once a difficult question it answered, we will have have to answer it again numerous times. I'm all for it. We get the same basic questions every other post. This just gets it out of the way fast. For people wanting advice on a new build will post regardless of this chat.

I know what Seti's talking about. We've tried it, and meh..nothing out of it came ou much...but it's a fun thing to have when saying a little hi and taking of a very few ammount of threads. It doesn't reduce threads THAT considerably, but meh, it's bandwith eating, for sure.

I'm neutral.

Yeah I tend to agree that is kinda defeats the point of having a forum in the first place. Questions aren't recorded for others to see in the future either which is a downside

Yeah I tend to agree that is kinda defeats the point of having a forum in the first place. Questions aren't recorded for others to see in the future either which is a downside
exactly my point. would only really work as a social kind of thing, but thats what facebook is for imo :p

Back
Top Bottom