Changing Processor...

Lord Mythirion

In Runtime
I've got a storebought comp that uses an e6300 processor. I could probably change the processor to an e6600 or e6850, right? The mobo is Asus, except the cheap HP kind...

you could download some software to overclock it, if your willing to spend money on a better cool that is, you could easily get it to a E6600 speed.

otherwise you wouldnt be able to get a E6850, im pretty sure it uses the 1333 bus, and i doubt a prefab would have that kind of upgradablity.

you should be able to do so, just get some heat sink glue and and pop of the fan and heat sink take out the old proc and pop in the new one, clean off all the old heat sink residue off the heat sink, and put new glue on the new proc and pop everything back in and boot up. I just did this with my computer but granted it was upgrading from a celeron to a p4 and i didnt have to change any settings.

o yea also check and make sure the FBS (Front bus speed) of you mobo as you call it, can support the FBS of the proc you are looking to get

Huh, would it go e6600? I already have a better cooler for the processor, except my BIOS had no options to overclock. I think HP might have locked everything. If there is software to overclock, can I get a link to the download? Ty

edit: the other thing about the e6300 is that is has a 2mb cache. It should be able to support an e6600, right? It has the same FSB. And how would I clean it? I've never upgraded a processor before, I've only installed new ones.

Oh yeah, not really on subject, but how good is an 8800gt? How much better is it than the 8600gt, and can it run Crysis on dx10 on pretty good settings?

on the bottom of the heat sink there will be a little bit of glue left over just get a cloth and wipe it clean, i know there are other threads talking about crysis and graphic cards used and how it worked, but i cant find then i think they are in the social area

The HPs can be upgraded. My friend's PC had a P4 3GHz before he killed it. I used it with a Celeron 2.26GHz and worked fine.

You can probably overclock it too E6600 speeds without a fancy heatsink. Mine has an offbrand, but nice heatsink, and it does fine at 2.66GHZ.

Oh yeah, not really on subject, but how good is an 8800gt? How much better is it than the 8600gt, and can it run Crysis on dx10 on pretty good settings?

MUCH MUCH better than the 8600GT, the 8800GT is better than the 8800GTS until they update it. the GT even beats the GTX in a game or two:D

Back
Top Bottom