Changes to CF

I like how people are still asking to get rid of the broken links along the top yesterday, (Sunday) when they were removed on Friday.

perhaps this is an oversight on your behalf, but surely if you're going to write a post complaining/criticizing you should at least check that what you are saying is actually right.

I've got nothing against constructive criticisms, but I don't see how asking for things that have already been done is helping, it's just making the list of bad point look bigger and harder to accomplish as there are more points on the list.

I like how people are still asking to get rid of the broken links along the top yesterday, (Sunday) when they were removed on Friday.

perhaps this is an oversight on your behalf, but surely if you're going to write a post complaining/criticizing you should at least check that what you are saying is actually right.

I've got nothing against constructive criticisms, but I don't see how asking for things that have already been done is helping, it's just making the list of bad point look bigger and harder to accomplish as there are more points on the list.

I think its because its all copy paste and the add opinions.

It already looks a lot better.

David, what do you say to these changes? I think 94% of the forum (assuming the poll is an accurate representation) is enough to tell us that some changes need to be made. Again, I understand that you're busy and that you started on them (links at the top), but I think that some of these (such as report limit and PM limit) can be made right away.

Yeah most of the suggestions are sounding good to me - there are loads flying about at the moment so I think we are going to have to go through each one to make sure everyone is happy.

I've cut the PM timelimit from 5 minutes down to 2

Great! That should definitely help with people who ask help over PM and such. Thank you very much. I think that the hardest problem to solve right now is the white screens. Do you have any leads to where the problem's located?

Great to see the head admin wants to help us. So many forum admins don't care about their members.

Now about the WSOD, let's not re-invent the wheel, has this issue been documented before? (Google...)

Here's some things I think would be interesting: *sort of a rant*

Two separate post counts. I don't know how hard this would be to implement, but the idea is to have one for the social lounge, one for everywhere else. I personally would like no post count at all, because a member with only 5 posts could be just as helpful as a member with 10000.

Multiple template choices. I personally like the current blueish gray template, but most members don't. Another thing about having multiple templates, what if a member had visual impairments and had trouble with our current color scheme?

Different rep system. Most members agree, rep is abused on this forum. It is given when it shouldn't be and also taken when it shouldn't be. I don't know what we could do about this. My idea would to have something in the member profile that shows how many rep points were awarded in the social lounge and a different count for everywhere else.

About the white screens of death. One thing that might help is if David posted a thread with an error message that pops up every time there is a white screen. This could give other members who have experience with vBulletin a chance to help debug and fix these errors and to make the forum run glitch free.

About the logo. I do agree, it could be changed. I have some ideas as to what it could be, but bear with me on those, I will mess around with Photoshop some and see what I can come up with. I think other members should mess around some too and see what they can do. I've also noticed that there is a very large header bar at the top of the screen. I was thinking maybe we could fill this up a little more?

I will just say CF has come a long way since I have been here. When I first came here, database errors, not white screens, were a common occurrence.I have not seen a DB error *knock on wood* for a very long time, and hope to never see one of those again (unless David had to shut down the forums temporarily to implement these changes).

I never really thanked David for the allowance of custom avatars, but I really do appreciate it. Also, thanks for the PM limit decrease.

Thank you all for this wonderful forum, especially David.

I'd also prefer no post count in Social Lounge too. I think the rep. system should only exists in technical forums and computer software and hardware. Everyone gives 1 point. Unfortunately, this is a change that I see members being the bottleneck not David.

I'd also prefer no post count in Social Lounge too. I think the rep. system should only exists in technical forums and computer software and hardware. Everyone gives 1 point. Unfortunately, this is a change that I see members being the bottleneck not David.

I agree, considering my posts-per-day isn't that high it makes me feel inadequate and want to spam.

Back
Top Bottom