Change the location of my user accounts.

LodoLoco

Solid State Member
I put together a new rig a bit ago and installed Windows 10 on a small SSD for quick booting and what not. Since it was small though, I looked up how to make everything automatically store to my HD, and while I was doing that discovered that I could actually change where user accounts were made. So I did that, made an new user account, and all my subsequent downloads,installs etc. were stored into my HD, just where I wanted them.

Fast forward a couple months, and I just did a clean sweep of my PC and reinstalled Windows, but I cannot remember how to do that again, nor can I find the video I used.

If anyone out there is savvy enough to give me a step by step, or if you can shoot me a Youtube link, I'd forever be indebted to you. Might even toss in a firstborn child for good measure.

Thanks in advance.

P.S: I'd like to note that I am NOT just trying to change where my files and programs are installed/downloaded to. I say this because I've posted this question elsewhere and got that response over and over.

So you mean Documents/Videos/Downloads/Music/Pictures folders, right?

If that's the case, just go to each of those folders unerneath your user account under C:\Users\<your username>
Then right click the folder -> Properties -> go to the Location tab -> choose the "Move..." button and it should ask you where to move the folder to.

Nah man, I'm trying to make it so that whenever I make a new user account on my computer it goes to the hard drive that I have designated. There's a way to do it, I had done it in the past, just can't figure out how to make it so again. :/

Back
Top Bottom