Champions Online goes Free To Play Jan 25 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Free-to-Play | Champions Online Official Site

Welcome to the Champions Online: Free For All information center! It's here you can learn about our plans for the next few months, including how things will affect our current subscribers and what new options will be available to everyone.
Here's a quick overview of what you can expect in 2011:
Play Everything – With the exception of special Adventure Packs, all the gameplay content in Champions Online: Free For All is available to every player. Once a player enters a location within the MMO game world, nothing is off-limits!
Unlimited Play Time – Play as much as you like, as long as you like, at absolutely no cost. No subscription or credit card required.
Your Own Hero, Your Own Story – Become a hero, encounter your Nemesis and advance to maximum level at no cost.
Play Your Way – Utilize the optional web-based and in-game C-Store to purchase gameplay upgrades or additional premium content.
We'll be debuting Champions Online: Free For All January 25, 2011. We can't wait to share this latest edition of Champions Online with you!

The MMO will be free to play. However your account will be limited compared to the pay accounts
Differences between free and pay accounts are listed here
Free-to-Play Features Matrix | Champions Online Official Site
And you still need to purchase things from the C-Store.

Kinda funny that they do this around the same time that DC Universe Online goes live.

I may look into it, but i don't pay monthly for any game, nor do I sell my soul for "extras". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom