Centrino

wiktorek01

Daemon Poster
Yes, I have posted this in the network forums, but I didn't get a response.

I don't get Centrino Technology :confused:
What are the benefits of having it?
I know its for mobile use, but aren't all laptops mobile these days, dont they all have wireless internet cards???

Please Explain, I'm going to buy a laptop and was considering a Centrino.

Centrino is apparently just a new processor by intel which is more set for moble computing. Powersaving features, etc etc. It also has it's own built in wireless card.

Bnefits...I don't know for sure as I've not really used one. As I said, it's suppose to have better battery life and wifi built in(but just 802.11b I beleive)

Not all laptops have wifi built in. Most do today, but not all. Now you can obviously add wifi cards to most laptops.

Centrino owns. Its extremely fast. Saves power. Did I mention its extremely fast?

And just so you know, The current lappy Intel's have to be bought as a combination like you have to buy the whole backplate if your amanufacture. Thats why the new Intel cpu coming out for lppys will let you mix and match things.

airiox said:
Centrino owns. Its extremely fast. Saves power. Did I mention its extremely fast?

You mean the Pentium M owns. LOL And it does...probably the only Intel product that I actually like.

Back
Top Bottom