Centrino 1.5 GHz Stuck at 600Mhz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

compu_wiz

Beta member
Hi, I read this question on itmob.com . Anybody here know how to fix it??

I tried to swap the P-M 705 for a P-M 745 (1.8GHz 2MB L2) but it would not work at any higher than 600MHz, so I thought it was just not compatible, so I returned it. But when I swapped the 1.5GHz back in, it too would no longer go higher than 600MHz, so I thought it was just not compatible, so I returned it. But when I swapped the 1.5GHz back in, it too would no longer go higher than 600MHz. I did a format after each time i changed processors. I downloaded the latest chipset utility from intel. I checked the BIOS if I can manually clock my processor. And I changed my power management scheme to minimal power management. But none of this helped.....Please help with any suggestions you can offer.

Thanks guys, appreciate it!

The Cool and quiet feature has underclocked it (lowered the multiplier) to keep the heat output to a minimum. It is standard for that to happen in laptops, due to the poor air circulation.

Yeah, try running CPU-z and then putting it under stress by running prime95 or something. You should see it jump up to its full speed.

It is completely normal for a P-M to sit at 600MHz when at an idle. Like Trifid said, the CPU "steps" down when not under stress to save energy and reduce heat. The CPU then automaticaly steps up when put under load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom