Central heat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, good, you found the heatpump coils. :3 There is still en electric element in there, but, it's under those, it's only used to provide minimal heat, or extreme heat (That little "Emergency mode" on higher end thermostats, yea, after it gets to cold, heat pumps work harder than just using strictly the heating element).

Suck as much out as you can when you can. Also, the reason I said check the filter frequently, is because the dust that is going to be kicked up, will be CRAZY, and it won't be fun, trust me, get two or three high quality filters, or one of those washable hepa filters from lowes, it's like $40 for the filter, but, it's a HEPA filter (Don't know the rating of it though) and it's washable.

BTW, it don't look like a generic unit, guess it's due to it being in a trailer? Have fun finding the proper filter, as I don't see how one will sit in there properly when you place the vent cover back on.

Well my parents had the same unit and my dad got those washable squishy filters. They worked great and he used clips to keep them on both sides.

BTW, those coils are used for the AC portion too because the 2 sides is where the air is sucked in at. The blower is behind the white panel on the bottom. Besides dust being burned and possibly being a fire hazard, it wont get into the rest of the house because i put vent filters in each vent because allergens are bad (6 dogs, one cat, dusty house and AC, ect). Im just concerned about a possible fire thats all.

Well it got down to 37 last night and with my small heaters around the place it stayed around 70 in here. Now its over 80 and we have the window open -.-

Well i manned up today and took the white plate off. Took the blower out and looked at the heating element and the inside of the triangle part. All of it looks practically brand new still. Heating element had NO dust on it. So grabbed a new set of balls and fired her up. Smelled for like 10 minutes and thats that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom