Cell Phone Talk - Motorola Razr V3 vs V3xx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
Has anybody used both of these phones?

My brothers and parents have the original V3. Pretty bad*** phones, seem very durable despite their thin size. The v3xx is out and has a better camera, couple different features, and a microSD slot (which weighs heavily with me).

I picked up a V3xx on ebay, brand new, warranty and all, blah blah... It's coming on thursday.

Question is, I asked around and one guy in particular said he has the original V3, and assumed the V3xx was the same, but upgraded, and said the V3xx absolutely sucked in terms of build quality.

I noticed the V3xx's on display at the ATT store were kinda wobbly, but they've also been on display at an ATT store in the mall for about a year now, so it's hard to fault the phone based on the display model that kids' grubby hands touch all day.

Anybody have the V3xx that can comment on its durability and how well it's put together? Perhaps the hinge assembly and whatnot?

Just hopin when I get the thing it's a pretty solid little gizmo, instead of the display models I've seen that seem to run inline with what that one guy told me about.

I had a old V3 phone. Still works to after i bought it when they first came out. Love it. I only got rid of it cause i got a Razr². I know that you have to be a bit careful with it cause the screen that flips up can be broken off easily. Also it will come loose over time. I tightened mine up after about 2 years of use or so.

Oh, really? I didn't realize they were tightenable. I thought they just had a spring loaded pivot of some sort and just kicked across in place.

What kind of tools were needed to torque it down?

Well sadly i have friends at several AT&T stores and they took the phone and fixed it up for me after it came loose a bit. ;)

Didnt cost me anything. Just walked in and told them that it was loose and bugging me, they took the phone in the back and came back out with it nice and tight. Helpos when you know some people at the local offices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom