Celeron and GPU

Zapdos

In Runtime
Hey, Well I am selling my old 6600GT to my friends friend and he isnt sure it will work because he has a celeron. Right now he has a 5500fx or something like that. With PCI-E of course. I dont see any problems with just transfering the card to the mobo and installing it. Any problems??

well the 6600GT will work fine with any cpu/mobo as long as there is the correct slot to put it to, and the psu having enough power to run it. And you 100% sure he has a pci-e slot in his mobo, because I don't think they ever made a pci-e fx5500. Unless you are talking about having an empty pci-e slot and having the fx5500 in the pci slot.

Well one of the 5500 cards. Yea he told me he has a pci-e slot. I just need to sell it before more dx-10 cards come out lol :p

dude gaming+celaron=bottleneck trust me i have a celaron thats why i play games on a ps2 and not my comp

yeah, but it would be an ungrade right. He would notice a change in gameplay.. right?

Zapdos said:
yeah, but it would be an ungrade right. He would notice a change in gameplay.. right?
yeah he would see an increase but it wouldnt be very good for hardcore gaming cos celarons are the budget line , mainly for office tasks and general tasks

Back
Top Bottom