cdrw/dvd sm-348b problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

seatha

Beta member
Please help. 1st of all, I'm new to this forum. I have a DELL Dimension 2400 with windows xp (home edition), 3.06 GHz processor, 510MB ram, with a Samsung CDRW/DVD SM-348B dvd re-writer.
My problem appears to be software, or so I have been advised. I have installed a game, ACT OF WAR, DIRECT ACTION.(ATARI) which apears by all intents to have installed correctly. I have re-installed many times and also had the game disc replaced, to see if my problem cured. It didnt.
Once the game is installed, I, re-insert disc in the drive tray(its the only drive tray on the pc) and two msgs appear as soon as the tray closes. The 1st is( DLA FILES - Your version of dla can read files on this disk but you will not be able to edit or add to them) closely followed by the 2nd ( NO DISK INSERTED).
I have tried updating my drivers for the CDRW/DVD, but am informed that i have the most up to date already.
I do not have this problem with any other games.
Has anyone else had similar problems, and if so, how do you correct it?
I apologise if this is long winded but, as for the inside of a p.c. i'm afraid i'm not much use.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Alan.

Elbatrop1

Memberbot
Are you using a copied disc? If the game has been copied (legal or illegal) you might get problems like this.

seatha

Beta member
NO.ITS ORIGINAL..........BOUGHT N PAID FOR...the problem has been rectified kind of but now i have a prob with my video card.........neverending.......lol

Elbatrop1

Memberbot
What did you do to fix your problem? Please post it here so that members with the same problem will know what to do:D

If you need help with your vid card, you should post a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.