CD Speed

FuRgy

BSOD
Hey,
I have a 48X CD-R disk and need to play it....Can I play it on my Yamaha CRW8824E which the write speed is 8X....And im pretty sure the read speed is 24X
Thanks

the answer is yes, what do you mean by play it? does this disk have music on it, or is their a movie on it?

either way, it should play ok....most reg. cd drives can read at 48x speeds. but, if you are playing it in your re-write drive ...it should be just as good.

i have found that playing music on my dvd drive sounds alot better than playing it on the cd-drive.

Well, it's a game disc, my friend copied it for me :p
The reason i asked is cos he gave it me, and i tryed to "plaY" it and no autorun so i went to my compiter >> d:/ but nothing.....it didnt seem to recogognse the CD...same with my dvd rom....i think my friend gave me wrong CD or sommat....:s

Well, i think that when he copyied it, he aslo copied the copyright protection as well, thus it won't be recognized by the drive....

that is the copyright protection at work here....if he copyied the game that was a downloaded game, then it must have something to do w/the way he copied it.

Back
Top Bottom