CD-RW upgrade

99nasha

Fully Optimized
Ok. I relativley unexperienced in hardware in computers. Im getting my computer a CD-RW soon. I have instructions how to fit it properly. But should I risk destroying my computer in the process of doing so? Is it easy or will It make my computer my computer die. It will cost me £15 if I want to get it fitted or nothing if I get it right. If my computer is damaged I shall be crucified, disimbowled you name it.

Your honest opinions please

Cheers

Andy

Vandiyan

In Runtime
I am not all that computer savy really and I had not problem installing one into my brother-in-laws computer. You should not have a problem. Just read the instructions.

FuRgy

BSOD
U might wanna get a friend that knows about PC's to fit it in for u first, If you have no experience in these things....

~mr mixx~

The Candyman
Yeah, someone with experience is best, but it's really not hard at all, the instructions shall guide you with ease.

it's all a matter of settting it as slave & sliding it in one of the emty bays....and if you don't have an extra bay just take out the regular cd drive.

rakedog

Fully Optimized
I haven't heard of CD drives that damage your computers if you install it incorrectly. Just make sure you hook up everything right, and make sure your mobo is compatible.