CD Drive

Liminator

In Runtime
Here's my problem. For some reason my CD/Burner doesn't respond. Whenever I push the button it doesn't do anything. Doesn't whir or even blink a light. Also for some reason whenever I try to get information about it like going to System Information it freezes. Do you guys have any solutions?

The CD-Drive is already connected and was working. But after a month it just stopped working. Any explanations?

Try connecting it to a different power connector. If that doesn't work, try removing the data connection and having it just plugged into the power connection. Then try opening it. If it opens then, there's something wrong with the motherboard or possibly CPU.

The thing is, the CD-ROM has its own controller for opening and closing, but when the data cable is connected, opening and closing of the drive is taken over by the processor. This way, software can open and close the drive, or a program that's installing can tell the processor to keep the drive shut until it's done, et cetera. So, put simply, if it opens when the data cable is not connected, there's something wrong with the motherboard/CPU. If it doesn't open even without the data cable, the drive probably went bad.

For some reasone whenever I turn on the computer the light for the CD-Drive turns on. I even unplugged all of the cables except for the power and the light still turns on.

Back
Top Bottom